Place Category: Restaurants
In 1999, Frederick H. Terry Sr., of Lobster Roll (a/k/a “LUNCH”) fame returned to his native North Fork and created a country version of the Hampton’s Icon across the street from the original Terry Family Farm in Baiting Hollow (Riverhead).
His meticulous restoration of the original Zdunko farmhouse and barn resulted in a casual, family friendly restaurant representing a slightly more upscale version of the original. It is backed by a retail barn complex featuring several small boutique shops and the now equally well-known Gingerbread University cookie factory and decorating center, another Terry creation.
Terry is a direct descendent of the original Puritan settlers of Southold Town with Rev. John Youngs Company in 1640 and can trace his ancestry to the actual dwelling of his ancester who resided in Long Sutton England in 1630. His family represents a continuous presence on the North Fork since that time, presently residing at the head of the original family farm just across the street from the Lobster Roll Northside Complex. At one time the Terry’s and the Hallock’s, whose pedigree Terry also shares, controlled substantial portions of Baiting Hollow, Roanoke and Northville, then called Frogtown, from Bay to Sound. Most are buried in the Aquebogue, Jamesport, and more recently Baiting Hollow cemeteries.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.